Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's all KIM'S fault!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!  A few days ago, Kim, who is the thrift store queen, found the most adoreable watermelon pitcher on one of her jaunts.  Her timing was impeccable!  I had just quilted, and was ready to bind, a quilt that has watermelon colors.  It has a matching wallhanging that is appliqued slices of watermelon.  (Not quilted yet...but I'm getting to it.)  Literally the same day I was contemplating summer decorating and this quilt/wallhanging, Kim posts this pic to her blog.  I just had to have one!  After a little googling, I found one similar.  Not as cute, but still cute.  I might also add that I found a matching bowl, shaped like a carved watermelon with a cute spoon that may have found its way into my shopping cart...but it hasn't arrived yet.  So, without further adieu, I present to you...my pitcher!

 Below is the quilt it will coordinate with.  I will show you the wallhanging once I get it quilted.  I must confess that the wallhanging has now moved up the list as far as UFOs to complete!  This is going to be adoreable!
The quilt was on the list of flimsies to quilt, so I get to cross another one off the list.  You know what that means---WOO HOO!

Contestant #1s family used to call me Martha Stewart.  I'm not that bad.  I just have time now!

I'm so excited to put another quilt on the finished list.  The name of this quilt is Whirl and Twirl, and it is a Thimbleberries pattern from the book Picnic Quilts.

I also need to give credit to Kim-----her blog is listed on the right "Kim's Big Quilting Adventure".  I will warn you....don't go there unless you have the willpower to resist the urge to become a thrifter.  She has gotten me more than once!  She finds the best stuff....
Blessings....I'm off to enjoy this wonderful weather!

1 comment:

Val said...

Love the quilt and the pitcher. Wow. I love going to thrift stores too but I don't always find the good stuff. I need to go more though. I will head over to her blog.