Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

High School Friend is now home....

We had a great time, but she has to get back to work...and so do I.  Took her home last night and I'm just happy that I made it home in one piece!  Snow, sleet and ice made for over 2 hours of white knuckle driving.  No kidding, when the sleet turned to snow, the snowflakes looked like dollar bills!  They were HUGE and made it a complete white out.  I have never seen that many people in the ditch...people who had gone flying by me minutes before.  I'm just sayin....

I needed to pick a project for high school friend that was quick enough for her to completely finish before she left.  She wanted to make something for her Dad's significant other.  Dad's friend loves her cats and recently lost her favorite cat.  HS Friend brought a picture of the cat....we blew it up and made a quick wallhanging.  Here it is!

 Here is a larger photo of just the quilt.  She did all the piecing, all the quilting and all of the binding.  Next time, we will learn the cutting and more integral parts of quilting.  We just wanted to see if she enjoyed doing it first.

 See that beautiful smile.  Well, really she was using a little of a salty mouth with me because I wanted to take her pic.  Something about revenge....but, you will notice....no pic of me.  *tee hee hee*
We are already planning our next big adventure.  More good news....there are more friends from high school who are ready to have a play date with us once I finally get moved!  :)  I love getting others hooked.

On a side note, her Dad's significant other did loan her a scrappy squares top for me to show her how the longarm worked.  I think they paid $2 for it at an auction.  I got it quilted for her, and now that she knows how to bind, she can finish it up and have a little momento of our weekend.  So, she left with a quilt for her and a quilt for Joanie!

Well...I must go catch up on my longarming.  Stay safe!

Blessings.......

3 comments:

Cheri said...

What a wonderful blessing to reconnect. I've been searching for a long ago friend so hope for me too.

Appalachian Quilts said...

There is still one of my BFFs I've been looking for, but a lot of our friends have hooked up via facebook. Have you tried it? Most high schools have alumni pages now....doesn't hurt to try! :)

AverettLadyNana said...

Wonderful to reconnect with old friends! What a beautiful memorial quilt for your friend's dad's significant/lady friend's kitty.