Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, February 21, 2011

Great Day at the Antique Mall!

High School friend that is here visiting loves antiques.  We decided to skip the first day of sewing and go over to one of the local antique malls.  We have the largest antique mall in our state right here in our little town.  I had hinted to hubs that there was an antique iron baby bed I wanted for Valentine's Day.  He didn't quite catch on, so I've pretty much been sulking all week thinking I had to make that bed mine!  Well, what do you know...it was still there!  (With this antique mall being right on the interstate, if you want something, you need to grab it then....)  Hubs had the nerve to ask what I was going to do with a baby bed!  As if that question warranted any explanation from myself, I gave him a dumbfounded look and said...."to display my little quilts...hellll---ooooo"  I sauntered to the next booth knowing the he and high school friend were 'secretly' telling the antique cart valet to haul my bed to the front of the store.  *wink wink*

 Hubs has to sandblast it to clean it up (not sure that I am going to let him...I kinda like the way it looks), but I am going to get some brass cleaner for the knobs on top.  Hubs and friend think this was probably a hospital bed because of the height.  All I know is I can already fill er up with my little quilts.....
My next find of the day was this little toy machine.  The prices of these machines have doubled and I got this one for a pretty good price.  She will decorate my sewing room with my antique spools.  I bought two more antique spools that I will use for candle holders.  I just love burning a candle while I am sewing!

This was what we did Saturday....didn't get the pics taken until this morning because we have been busy girls.  What did YOU do this weekend?  Anything quilty??

Blessings.....

5 comments:

swooze said...

Cute!

Wendy said...

Great find, I love displaying my little quilts around the house. Your husband sounds just like mine, they just don't "get it".

AverettLadyNana said...

Wow you hit the jackpot!

marianedwardsdreamweaver said...

i am smitten with your adorable little crib, Cynthia!! just a tad green with envy i might add lol!!!
btw i collect toy sewing machines and i've got a blue one similar to yours :) cheers, Marian x

Appalachian Quilts said...

Aren't those little sewing machines just adoreable? I justify collecting them because they don't take up a lot of room...and they are all in my sewing studio. :)