Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Another Finish!

This quilt was a shop hop quilt designed by another shop.  For this particular shop hop, hoppers received project patterns rather than blocks.  There were only 5 shops, but at the end, hoppers had 12 projects!  The shop that designed this quilt did it with a blue background and yellow fabrics....to make it a Sunflower.  I wanted to do ours in other colors so our quilt wouldn't look the same as everyone else's.  After I finished it, hubs looks at it and says.....wouldn't that be great in yellows?  Argh!

This was my first attempt at thread painting and I was not happy with how it turned out.  I got lots of compliments, but I was not impressed.  :(  Somewhere along the line, I lost the teal fabric used in the inner border...I had saved a piece out to use for binding.  I'm sure that now that it is done, I will find it.  But, such is life!

How do you store your quilts while they are waiting to be quilted?  I usually will hang the quilt and backing on a suit hanger.  Backing goes on the slacks portion.  Then, I make the binding and put it in a bag over the hanger hook portion.  This keeps everything together.  It didn't happen here because we hung the quilt for the shop hop and the binding ran off like a scalded dog!

Til tomorrow....

Blessings....

3 comments:

WIPPYSPLACE said...

I LOVE IT-(in those colors)---I have so many projects to finish to start another technique would not be conducive to getting my ufo's done!!! so I leave that techni9que for others to play in/with!!!

PEGGY said...

LOVE IT!!!

Peggy

Appalachian Quilts said...

Not my finest work, but I did learn a lot doing it!