Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Accountability...

Today, you get a new job!  Your mission, should you choose to accept, is to keep me motivated and going on these UFOs!  We were discussing UFOs on a Yahoo! group that I am on, and how much I've been trying to get done since the shop closed.  One of the ladies asked me what I was going to do when I get all caught up.  Seriously?  Is there such a place where you get all caught up?  Even with the two longarms (I'm still longarming for customers), I don't think I will ever reach that eutopia known as all done.  I honestly don't think I want to!  How fun is that?  However, I decided that since I am such a listmaker, I would make a list.....just of the quilts that are ready to be quilted....so as not to really stress myself out....  I mean, really, how bad could it be?

Hold onto your girdle, Myrtle......I have 94 tops that are mine that need quilted!  We don't even want to make a list of what is started that is not finished.  We don't even want to make a list of the 'kits' I have made myself that are all still perfectly packed.  Now, before you judge me....allow me to explain for some of you who do not know me personally.

For the last eight years, I have had a quilt shop.  In October, we lost our lease and were looking to purchase a new building.  Hubs got word that we need to transfer because of his job...and now we are moving us, too!  Don't know about the shop re-opening....not ready to think about that until we get all moved.  But, I digress...  When you have a shop, you are always making new samples.  Samples for new product lines...new classes...new techniques....new books...new patterns....  I did all the longarming at the shop (thus the two longarms), so not only was I responsible for all of the customer quilts, but I was responsible for all of the shop samples!  You work on a sample in class or for a class...then it is time to move on to the next....so, you end up with a lot of UFOs.  (Yeah, once I thought it would be a great idea to make a spreadsheet of those, too.....the guilt was too much and I haven't opened it up since!)

So, here I sit....in our little 12-Step Program.  My goal is to keep working on the UFOs.  Granted, that one is obvious.....  BUT, my other goal is to get the flimsies down to 50 by the end of the year.  I know that sounds lame, but you have to understand two things.  One--I am still longarming for customers.  Two--I will still be finishing UFOs, so that number will also increase by the number of UFOs I complete.

Your job???  Keep me going.....and going....and going.....

Blessings....

3 comments:

Cheri said...

I'm in the same program. Everyday I remind myself to put on my Nikes and "Just do it!" We can, we can, we can!

Appalachian Quilts said...

Making the list did it for me! I like having lists so that I can mark things off when they are done. It gives me that little pat on the back to move on. I'm hoping I get a sore rotator from all of this patting that needs to happen! LOL

WIPPYSPLACE said...

NINETY FOUR????? you surely have me beat--and when I look at my stack I think I am way ahead of others!!! Reading about your list, I need to get back to mine! consider yourself patted from me--I do hope long distance counts!!...keep on quilting on!!!