Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, January 06, 2011

Peace, Love, Joy

Have you taken down your Christmas decorations and replaced them with Valentine's Day yet?  Don't worry, I haven't either.  It is on the "to do" list for this week.  First, I had to make a quilt for the foyer.  A new fabric line came in called, appropriately enough, "Peace, Love, Joy".  There was a free pattern on the fabric company's website for a wallhanging, so without completely reading the dimensions, I jumped in to whip it up real quick.  *ahem*

My little wallhanging is 58 1/2" square!  I didn't applique the heart in the middle, because he was a lone ranger.  I made this quilt in just a few hours and do love how it came out.  Peace didn't happen due to a bad cutting day.  Joy now abounds because it is done!

The border is not pieced, it is actually a border print.  Won't this just look adoreable hanging in the foyer?  I have a red and white table runner and some heart-shaped Longaberger baskets that I will add with to make a cute little vignette.

Woo Hoo....another finish!

2 comments:

castaways said...

This wallhanging is just lovely. Love the colors - they "sing"!

Appalachian Quilts said...

It is a free online pattern and went together pretty quickly. New fabric line, so you should be able to find it in stores....